OUR PARKING LOT LINE PAINTING
Parking lot lines and markings are required by law and must be clear and visible at all times.
Parking lots can be painted/striped in many different ways with different results.
Only properly trained and experienced staff with professional equipment can deliver long lasting, up to code parking lot lines and markings.
Many property owners and managers hire striping contractors based on price, not experience and expertise.
What good is a cheap striping job if it lasts a few months? Quality parking lot lines can last 2-3 years!
We have been in the parking lot line painting and maintenance business for over 10 years. During this time we have gained enormous experience and painted hundreds parking lots and parkades.
QUESTIONS and ANSWERS:
What services does GRASS n PLUS Ltd provide?
- We stripe new layouts and re-stripe old lines in parking lots, parkades and warehouses in Edmonton and Central Alberta.
- Paint handicapped signs, curbs, numbers, arrows, any custom wordings that our customers request.
- We follow Alberta Transportation Traffic Marking Specifications.
What are dimensions of a parking lot separation line?
- Parking lot lines shall be white or yellow, at least 4 inches or 100 millimetres wide with a thickness of 15 mil.
- It is about half as thick as a credit card.
What are the weather requirements for parking lot line painting?
- For most paints ambient and surface temperature must be above 10 degrees Celsius. No rain in forecast withing 2 hours and temperature is not expected to fall below freezing for 2 hours after application.
- Low temperature waterborne traffic paint can be used when minimum ambient and surface temperature are 3 degrees Celsius and above, without rain in forecast within 1 hour.
How should parking lot surface be prepared?
- All surfaces must be power swept, vacuumed, dry and free from oil, grease, antifreeze, loose sand, aggregate and chipping/peeling existing striping.
- Even though paint exits the gun under high pressure, and does push some of the dirt and debris out of the way, it does not replace the need for properly cleaning the surface.
How long does it take for paint to dry?
- Dry time greatly depends on the ambient temperature, surface temperature, humidity and paint selected.
- Parking lot can be open to traffic from 2 minutes at plus 20 degrees, to 20-30 minutes at plus 3 degrees.
- Full cure happens in 24 hours.
What kind of paint do you use?
- We use waterborne traffic paints approved by Alberta Transportation.
- It is environmentally friendly and contains no lead.
- In some jurisdictions use of oil/solvent based paints is banned because of high content of VOC (Volatile Organic Compound).
- Type of paint, fast dry, cold temperature or standard will depend on your local conditions and requirements.
Is oil/solvent based paint more durable than waterborne paint?
- City of Edmonton conducted several studies to compare durability and found no difference.
- Durability greatly depends on conditions and method the paint was applied.
- State of the surface and it's preparation are important.
How much does it cost?
- Factors that affect the price are:
- New or old layout
- Total linear footage
- Surface condition
- Number of colors necessary
- Number and size of stencils
- Cleaning time
- GRASS n PLUS Ltd has highly competitive pricing strategy.
How long does outdoor parking lot lines last?
- Parking lot lines, painted properly, loose about 10% of surface per year due to temperature change, water, chemicals and mechanical abuse.
- In high traffic areas, like speed bumps, paint loss can be 50% or more per year.
- Most of the paint loss happens in winter.
How often should we re-paint our parking lot?
- If you want your parking lot lines look sharp you should re-paint once a year.
- If you are tight on budget, your parking lot lines painted by GRASS n PLUS can serve you for 3-5 years.
Can GRASS n PLUS sweep our parking lot and re-paint the lines?
- Yes, we provide parking lot sweeping, parkade sweeping and wet scrubbing.
- Parking lots can be re-painted on the day of sweeping.
Can traffic paint be diluted?
- Diluting traffic paint is a common practice of dishonest contractors.
- Paint manufacturers specifically mention that traffic paint should not be diluted.
- We don’t do it.
© 2008-2023 Grass n Plus Ltd.
All images on this website are copyright protected.